What is Solitude, Anyway?
Reading Lance Witt's great book Replenish and thought I'd offer his description of solitude as a way of spurring your thinking for this Wednesday. Solitude...
- requires being present when we're used to being productive.
- requires listening when we're used to talking
- requires quiet when we're used to noise
- requires stillness when we're used to busyness
- requires going internal when we're used to going external
- requires facing who we are when we're used to projecting who we want people to think we are
The question that I would like for you (and I) to wrestle with based on this list is:
What could God do in you, your life, your leadership, your family, etc. if you would devote time to this kind of solitude?